Back Pain Relief With Chiropractic Care
Back pain is one of the most common causes for visits to the doctor. It is also among the most common reasons for a job disability. Approximately 80% of Americans experience back pain at least once in their lifetime. Back pain occurs in different areas of the back, but low back pain is most common. It mostly affects people at the age between 30 and 50 due to the changes that occur in the body due to aging. Here is the list of common questions that most individuals want to know the answers for:
What Causes Low Back Pain?
The most common health conditions causing back pain are the following:
- Strains. A person usually feels stiffness, pain in the lower back, and muscle spasms.
- Disc injury. The discs located in the back are prone to different types of injuries, especially in older people.
- Sciatica. It is a health condition characterized by the inflammation of the sciatic nerve - the longest nerve in the human body.
- Spinal curvature. Such spinal abnormalities as scoliosis, lordosis, and kyphosis can also cause back pain.
- Other health conditions, including arthritis, cancer, pregnancy, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and others.
What Are The Treatment Options?
The first treatment option that should be used within the first 72 hours after the pain appeared is home care. This means stopping all physical activities for a few days and resting. If the pain is not going away, you should talk to your doctor. The doctor may recommend other treatment options, including medications, physical therapy, or even surgery.
Can a Chiropractor Help?
Yes, a chiropractor can help with back pain. Chiropractors use special manual adjustments and other alternative methods that help patients with back pain to manage symptoms. They realign the spine and reduce the pressure on the spinal column.
Pain and Laser Centers of North Carolina in Greensboro on the guard of your spinal health
If you live in Greensboro or any other surrounding area and you are suffering from the back pain, give us a call today.
Pain and Laser Centers of North Carolina are ready to help you get rid of the pain and get back to a normal healthy life. We use special cold laser therapy that promotes and accelerates healing of the affected tissues on the back. Do not hesitate to contact us and schedule your first appointment with a chiropractor at our center.